$A5K DDRJ mod(real time) logging

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VX L67 Getrag

$A5K DDRJ mod(real time) logging

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I just tried logging my car with jayme's vx s/charged tp5 ver 101 adx with a real time DDRJ mod bin(& massive changes) & can't seem to get the right information out when logging?

I have the interface type set as use plug in, then using ose plugin v1.2.4 & have it set to the right com port & first tried with cable echo ticked, then seemed to connect better with it un ticked so left it like this. I have this set for both the acquisition & logging as well as I have it set as for emulation(don't think this will bother it though or whether it even needs it?). But none of the right information was coming out so I then went through all the adx's vt, vx(flash type), vy(flash type) but none of them read right!

The massive changes are basically every single difference from a late model auto trans file compared to a getrag file of the exact same release base!

I didn't know if changing everything would even work as I haven't identified a lot of the areas changed but the car actually runs & pretty well it just doesn't idle well, it hunts a fair bit & then when it's warm it idles at 2000 rpm & very slowly decays back down, but drives perfect!

So seeing as its pretty close to working I would love to log it & see if I can get it to idle right!
Attachments
errors logging vx.xdl
(30.24 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: $A5K DDRJ mod(real time) logging

Post by VL400 »

Try not using the plugin and get the latest ADX (V1.02)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

The car i made that adx on had no bcm, the bcm's hearbeat might be playin havok on it. I dont think i even used the right disable bcm chatter commands... could br worth taking the bcm off the data bus temporarily while tuning. Will all work a lot smoother
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

cool I've just got the new adx, wondering why try using it without the real time plug in won't I need that to change things on the fly or do you just want me to try without it to see what difference it makes?

Jayme it's a bit of a pain in the arse to disconnect the bcm but I'll try it worste case scenario, I know I used to be able to log with it fine with another adx of yoda's but know even that won't work!

I was more so wondering if theres something in the cal file that I've changed to screw it up?

Cheers VXL67Getrag
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

O.K. so I got it to log if I selected TunerPro Data Acquisition interface type & configured it properly, then I selected in emulation OSE plug-in v1.2.4. & BINGO!

Well sort of I think there's going to be too many things to fix to get it to idle properly but everything else is good & there's too many mod's to know what air corrections to start with!
I've attached the new log & there should be some good ideas on how the maf copes with 14psi of boost as it's just a stock maf & stock calibration but it's running on lpg in this log so ignore all the injector info!

I don't think the emulation work for the ose plug in though as I just went to idle & adjusted the rpm from 800 to 1500 & clicked save but it did nothing to the desired idle in the log either, but is the way I have said I set it up the top right? I now know the ose plug-in doesn't allow it to log as it can't handle the bus chatter from what i'm told!
Attachments
Latest log.xdl
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 363 times
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nope, you have to have the OSEplugin selected for both or you wont get any realtime. sometimes you can get it working with the bcm in place but you have to keep datalogging always while emulating as the bcm will start chattering if it hears silence for 5 seconds.
or the sure fire way to get it working is to have no bcm hehe.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LOL, I see something recurring here! :lol:

EDIT: has anyone tested driving a car without bcm connected, as mine is a calais exactly what will it do if the bcm isn't connected I can only assume none of the dash items or radio or heater control & who knows what else won't work?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

put aldl wire going into the bcm on a switch LOL, flick switch you lose check engine light and a few dash items, aircon, low speed fan, and vats.
but really the result shouldnt be any different to what happens when you turn bcm chatter off and take over the data bus for too long datalogging anyway.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thats not funny thats a good idea! :thumbup:

Now I just need to find out which wire it is!