98 vt srs light

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
The1

Re: 98 vt srs light

Post by The1 »

vn5000 wrote:Yeah vt srs is definitely on the same bus as pcm and bcm.
You could try getting voltages on srs light/diag enable pin with tech 1 connected and disconnected.
Light on = 0.7V between earth pin and light/diag enable
Light off = 12V between earth pin and light/diag enable

Regardless of tech1 plugged in or not.
svill123
cars: VT Berlina 1998 S1 V6

Post by svill123 »

yoda69 wrote:Finally a winner.
Just replaced the clockspring in my VT V6 as this is why the airbag light was on.
I found the following information on another forum and decided to give it a go, and bingo it clears the DTC, no more airbag light or beeps on start up. :thumbup:

yoda69
Ive also got a 98 VT with the SRS light on. My error was "31 - Drivers Airbag Open Circiut (Capacitance Too Low)"... changed the clockspring and got the code cleared from an auto elec and problem was fixed.
If anyone wants to know how to change the clock spring on a VT i posted a DIY step by step with pics on justcommodores..

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt- ... ost2098454

Im a computer programmer aswell and really wish i was able to clear the code myself as yoda did. Does anyone have an ODB2-Style ALDL cable they dont use anymore?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Cheers for the link!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
tav
cars: VS Commodore

Post by tav »

After reading this thread i have a question.

If you can send the frame to reset the SRS module, couldnt you technically also send the frame to acquire the DTC error codes and decode the reply ?
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Yes you certainly could, the main difficulty is knowing what the reply data represents.
tav
cars: VS Commodore

Post by tav »

oh ok. How many bytes long is the reply frame?

I was thinking, if you have a fully working SRS System then triggered each of the faults and saved the reply frame for each one, perhaps it would be possible to decode the error codes for the rest. (theres only ~15 of them).
Even if decoding doesnt work out, you could always store the reply frame and use that as a refrence to debug your SRS system in future. Then you would at least know what reply frame corresponds to what fault.

I can get my hands on a spare VT to test, but I unfortunately dont have a tech2 to issue the 'DTC error code' retrieval frame :(
kjparker

Post by kjparker »

Has anyone tried this procedure on a VX? I have the light on on mine, and I believe it to be the clock spring.

I will be replacing it shortly, hopefully on the weekend, and was hoping to reset the light without having to go to the stealership....
TECH123
cars: Holden VZ
Holden VS

Post by TECH123 »

Hello this is the TECH1A main EPROM inside the TECH1A unit
It is Version 4.0 from a late model unit 1998 it will upgrade older Tech1A units
But will not work in Tech1 units
Attachments
Tech1Av4.0.zip
Tech1A ROM
(21.51 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
TECH123
cars: Holden VZ
Holden VS

Post by TECH123 »

Hello
Two Adapters required for Holden VS and VR
Using a Tech1 or Tech1A scan tool
This information from genuine Holden Adapters
Tested and operating OK
Attachments
Tech1-A.zip
(559.46 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Managed to trigger this warning on a VZ 6.0 this week. After some experimentation it turns out that the module is on FB (probably the same as a VY) and this command solved it. Sent with vl400s flash tool. The module did not reply, but after the dash was rebooted the error was cleared.

FB,56,0A,A5
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396