Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag

Re: The FlashTool V1.36

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks for the replies Antus & VL400!

Actually I use write entire BIN 95% of the time with the work I do so that as an option really would help!!
T2000
cars: VP v6 Wagon, VE 6ltr with LiLPG & Rotrex Supercharger, Alfa Romeo GT

Post by T2000 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Thanks for the replies Antus & VL400!

Actually I use write entire BIN 95% of the time with the work I do so that as an option really would help!!
Hi Guys,

Just a quick bump.

Any progress with this?

I too use write entire BIN most of the time so having the checksum calculated prior to flash would be an enormous time saver.

Many Thanks & Cheers, Chris
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Not yet, will do when I get a chance though.
VL400

Re: The FlashTool V1.37

Post by VL400 »

Released V137, it has the checksum fix for flash based PCMs and added support for the Kalmaker WDS5x series.

For the flash PCM checksum fix, there is now a checkbox in the preferences called 'Flash PCM Auto Fix Checksum' (not enabled by default). If you check that it erases the blocks like normal but does not write the checksum bytes on the first pass. Instead, afer its finished writing does the checksum of the PCM, works out what it should be and goes back to fix them. So its just a single write frame instead of the entire bin/cal :thumbup: If the checkbox is not ticked the old option of asking to fix and rewrite all is still there.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Nice work once again !!!!!
:driving:
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

THATS AWESOME WORK, as always VL400!!!!! :afro:

Rock on, thanks heaps!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LEGEND VL400, tried it out today on the problem speedo vehicle & I know I didn't need to but did full write each time & correct's the checksum everytime without even asking, so for those of you who want to keep the bin as a writeable correct full bin you need to scroll up & see what the checksum was & correct it in the original file on computer!

Strange thing was it didn't ask if I want to use eeprom data from file, but this could have been because it was the same file in the PCM!

Thanks again VL400!!!!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Bit of a warning, if you choose write entire bin on a different PCM it doesn't write EEPROM area anymore so don't think it would work?

Also not that it's a problem even if the checksum is correct it says it's not & then rewrites the same checksum!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VL400

Post by VL400 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:LEGEND VL400, tried it out today on the problem speedo vehicle & I know I didn't need to but did full write each time & correct's the checksum everytime without even asking, so for those of you who want to keep the bin as a writeable correct full bin you need to scroll up & see what the checksum was & correct it in the original file on computer!
You like living on the edge :lol: I would suggest that you do not do write bins unless you have to though, its an unnecessary risk when you just need to do a write cal which is recoverable if something goes wrong.
VX L67 Getrag wrote:Bit of a warning, if you choose write entire bin on a different PCM it doesn't write EEPROM area anymore so don't think it would work?
Correct, the EEPROM write is only for cloning - ie you have a PCM with the correct checksum to begin with.
VX L67 Getrag wrote:Also not that it's a problem even if the checksum is correct it says it's not & then rewrites the same checksum!
Will need to check this out later but when testing it seemed to work ok and not write the checksum if it was correct - and if doing a write bin asked to write the EEPROM data.
robertisaar
cars: 95 Monte Carlo LS
90 Grand Prix LE

Post by robertisaar »

so i know you guys are primarily working with austrailian market stuff, but is there any reason why a 16149396(1227727 with an extra 2K of ram in the 1800-1FFF area) with a NVRAM in place of the PROM can't be flashed in the same manner? i don't think i have any hardware available to me currently to give it an initial calibration, but if need be, i'm sure it could be done. what kind of NVRAM module is being supported for this? i'm only used to seeing the 4K unit that Moates sells for the NVRAM hack that was developed by MonteCarSlow on TGO.

i assume you're using either mode 4 or mode 6/7 commands to update it(or from the looks of it, a "mode 11" that has been developed)? i'm constantly punching out my own algorithm, so if it's something on the ECM side, i'm sure i could adapt the code to allow it.