OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Tazzi »

Holden202T wrote:thats alright cause by the sounds of it everything thats happening in the SPS world at the moment is not very compliant :P

in all seriousness though, good work so far!
Next year when I go to one of these J2534 conferences, Im going to walk up to the GM desk and tell whoever is the lead engineer they are a complete fucking idiot. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Tazzi wrote:
Holden202T wrote:thats alright cause by the sounds of it everything thats happening in the SPS world at the moment is not very compliant :P

in all seriousness though, good work so far!
Next year when I go to one of these J2534 conferences, Im going to walk up to the GM desk and tell whoever is the lead engineer they are a complete fucking idiot. :thumbup:
I'd start out with something innocent like before going all passive aggressive on them, so um what sort of skillset do you guys look for in your software engineer's?

because from i can tell they appear to be a bunch of subgrade, shit throwing monkeys.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Tre-Cool wrote:I'd start out with something innocent like before going all passive aggressive on them, so um what sort of skillset do you guys look for in your software engineer's?

because from i can tell they appear to be a bunch of subgrade, shit throwing monkeys.
"Where do I sign up for fucking up technicians day? Just over here? Excellent, I have a great idea about stopping mid way for no reason!" :thumbup:
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Tazzi wrote:
Tre-Cool wrote:I'd start out with something innocent like before going all passive aggressive on them, so um what sort of skillset do you guys look for in your software engineer's?

"Where do I sign up for fucking up technicians day? Just over here? Excellent, I have a great idea about stopping mid way for no reason!" :thumbup:

The employment roster is already overflowing with those who hold that particular qualification..

Got an email yesterday, for 2023 models they're planning on incorporating RPO filtering into SI... 2023 is only some modules, 2024 is supposed to be every vehicle..

They can't get RPO filtering inside tlc to work worth a shit and now they're going to throw it into SI.. Bunch of fucking idiots throwing new shit that doesn't even function into something that we NEED to work..
Did I call them fucking idiots yet, oh ya, fucking morons...
I've called them out many times with tlc fuckups, they don't respond to me anymore..

When I connect to a truck and it then asks me if the 12th digit of the vin is a 7.. what the fuck.. The god damn vin is in the popup that is asking the fucking question.. It's also in the dashboard of tlc.. Answer the fucking question yourself fucktards..

Connecting a 2021 equinox and it asks me if it has I19.. That's the letter I with 19 after it.. It's for 2020 model vehicles with 2019 engineering... a 2021 cannot have I19.. fucking idiots..

Can't stand now how when your using sps 90% of the current calibrations say unknown.. fuck you, what's in it?? Now we're programming modules that may or may not already have the current calibrations.. I was told this is because they handle it differently and they cannot ask the module to identify the calibrations.. bullshit. It's still a couple of 1a requests dipshit.. Why can GDS2 pull the cal info if I ask it, yet sps2 cannot.. It's fucking broken asshat..

I could go on..
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Ok, so I am not going mad. I just checked what the MDI does when connecting with SPS2 for the Holden LS1 ECU... and the filter/mask request from SPS actually result in the MDI not receiving any messages either when it sends the "68 6A F1 09 02" request.
So.... the MDI is actually following the SAE document correctly.. SPS devs have just completely messed up. :lol:

So I will need to look over my coding again for the J2534 and put it back the way it was, since currently I am doing a bit of a hack to alter the filters to correctly find the messages. :lol:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

She's slow on the OBDX Pro VT, but, it is working.
I have managed to implement code on the OBDX Pro GT that auto detects enough 'invalid' pulses to auto switch to 1x mode so that it then works at the end of the SPS session. Needs more testing but the preliminary code for that is in the works.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTuFe5Lhmw[/youtube]

*edit - appears the YouTube video does not display on mobile phones, link below for demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTuFe5Lhmw
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Thought I'd give you a "like" for the video. :-)
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

monaro308 wrote:Thought I'd give you a "like" for the video. :-)
Thanks! I only just made the YouTube account for obdx today, will add videos as I develop stuff.
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

Awesome work. I need to buy an MDI or Mongoose but am holding off to get this instead. Would you happen to have a rough ETA for the 1st batch of production?