new to tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
gbonola
cars: vu commodore ute

Re: new to tuning

Post by gbonola »

Thanks guys now it makes sense, I hope. I have downloaded bin file with flash tool, I wasnt sure about tuning in rear time with tp5, Thanks again.:punk:
gbonola

Post by gbonola »

What did i do wrong. Made some changes to transmission shifts and loaded bin changes to ecm and ended up stuffing my spare ecm. Any idears what i did wrong. Not sure what to do when asked about change to cheksum. Appreciate any advise.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If you just did a write cal then the ECU wont be stuffed, can rewrite a valid cal to it. The checksum pop-up is due to TP not being able to handle the calculation so the flashtool does. It writes the cal, does a checksum and if its wrong can correct it and rewrite it - flash memory is block erased/written so has to rewrite the entire cal segment. If the write succeeded you should answer yes to correct it.

If you have a problem save the detailed info from the flashtool and post it up, can help diagnose what went wrong.
gbonola

Post by gbonola »

I did a write bin, like I said I'm new, but trying to learn as much as I can. Couldn,t connect to ecm again, even my scanner wouldn't read . Got another spare ecm. Do I alter the bin file and write cal. Trying to alter cal file but nothing in it.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Write bin should be used with caution, the warning message mentions you should only use that when changing to a different code base and not for tuning. Id say you will need to remove the flash chip and reprogram it if you want it to work again. If you were cloning your original PCM then would need to see what went wrong with the flashtool log.

Follow the steps from the flashtool instructions on cloning your original PCM .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... t=40#p6472

Once thats done make sure all is ok and the spare PCM allows the car to start etc. For tunning do a get bin and use that to edit in TP. Then always use write cal to make tuning changes.
gbonola

Post by gbonola »

Thanks for that, i did find the flash tool intsructions after i stuffed up. wasn't sure if i should edit the cal or the bin file. Now i know I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks again. :punk: