VN V8 Idle Control

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
rjc078

VN V8 Idle Control

Post by rjc078 »

Hi,

I am helping a bloke tune a Engine out of a VN V8 ( has a stage 3 cam) in a Holden HK and am tuning with Kalmaker. The problem I have is when I shift from Park to Drive the Idle valve steps 25 steps towards closed instantly, which in turn causes the engine to stall. It even does it when the Drive and Park Desired RPM's are both set at 800 rpm. Surely I should be able to make the Idle valve open when the computer see's the shift?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: VN V8 Idle Control

Post by yoda69 »

Personally would use $12P rather than kalmaker, you will get more support.
If you're using kalmaker, then try the kalmaker forum, they should be more familiar with the software.
Biggest issue is normally the naming, same feature but different name.
Normally the settings add IAC steps when selecting drive to compensate for the extra load in drive, are you sure all the wiring is correct for P/N to the ECU?

yoda69
rjc078

Post by rjc078 »

Hi yoda69

I will eventually change I over to ose12 but I jut wanted to get this sorted On the kalmaker for the moment. As for the kalmaker forum.... I think it is a little "quiet" over there, and the blokes here have a better idea! The wiring is correct and the computer is showing the change.
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

Really need to get somebody with kalmaker to review the bin, or if a kalmaker N00, N03 or N05 can use Tunerpro with XDF's from here.
If it is N00, N03 or N05 post the bin, as it is no use to people without a PAL device anyway so shouldn't be any problems.
Hopefully that way somebody can have look and offer some advice.

Is definitely "quiet" over there, last posts I saw were some internal bickerings between kalmaker users that was good for a laugh.
The response time can also be rather slow, days or weeks rather than the typical hours from this site. :D

yoda69
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

im using kalmaker sp3 on my vp and have the software.if you can post the bin up ill have a look to see what the cause could be.on the gauge screen in park and drive the idle control should highlight to show its in closed loop idle control.only thing i can think of is the tps ok and set right should show 0 percent on gauge screen ignition on and running throttle not open.i check the kalmaker forum often if you want to transfer the info over to that forum.cheers darren.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i dunno if 25 steps is too much, but it sounds like it thinks its in drive when its in park and when putting it into gear its thinking its going to park/neutral (hense the step decrease)
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

That was my thought to Holden202, hence the question regarding the wiring.
Without a log to review thogh, it's all shooting in the dark.
yoda69
rjc078

Post by rjc078 »

Hi Guys,

I think I will just have to get the bloke to bite the bullet and let me throw his kalmaker away and put my ose12 system in. It is definitely sensing the correct park/drive signals as i have checked these out many times to be sure!!

Has anyone tried the ose12 cal that is on the custom page that is for a V8 with a cam?

Thanks,
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You can run ose12p on kalmaker hardware, so you can try it and swap back pretty easily. You can also port the kalmaker VE and Spark tables over pretty easy with the sp3 xdf and the excel spreadsheet thats floating around here somewhere.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396