Re: The FlashTool V1.41

Post by Dylan »

Thanks mate
darcy

Re: The FlashTool V1.42

Post by darcy »

VYissue.rtf
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Just tried connecting to my VY for the first time in quite a while, and am having no luck.
Got a new USB comms board from VL400. (I'm sure my old one will turn up now without fail)

I can detect the heartbeat, find silence, but get no response to disabling chatter.
VYissue.rtf
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Any suggesting on what I could try would be appreciated.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have you tried with ignore echo turned on? Can select the com port, then 'Flash PCM in Vehicle' and then 'USB ALDL' and it will set everything up.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Im just trying this flash tool for the first time. Ihave a VR Commodore, 808 with VL400's SXR board and USB interface (under steering column type)
Ive got a Kalmakere real time board fitted in this ecu and im thinking that i could suck the BIN out of it. It's a Street Pro 2 tune.

In the user preferences i selected. Vehichle, VR in vehichle, Interface, USB ALDL
Deafualt setings i cant connect. I had a play with the tick box's but no luck still.

Anyone used this tool with USB interface on a VR? Or is the Kalmaker board the problem?

Any help appreciated.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

It does not support Street Pro 2 in terms of being able to identify the ECU, but depending on how SP2 communicates it may be possible to read the bin out. I dont have an SP2 bin to test with though so I dont know what device ID it uses, if it supports 8192 ALDL or if it even uses ALDL packets.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Ok thanks that must explain it. Ive been hoping to get the BIN out of this without sending it to someone to with a burner, looks like i might have to stop beng a tight ass and just pay someone! Really got no use for a burner myself.
Was hoping to get a real time board from yourself very soon for 12P.

Ive just got all the wrong stuff here. Got a Dyno tuned SP2 real time board that I cant read myself. Got Street Pro 3 but my laptop for that has a dead BIOS battery so lost it comms settings. Got a good tune here done in $DB but cant log data log from it.

Ive had a crack at converting the $DB to $12P ready for my NVRAM when order it, i got he BIN file for that one at least.

All this for the one motor, what a loser.

Sorry for my whinging im just talking out loud.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

If you (or anyone else) have a SP2 bin I will look at adding support.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I would be prepared to send the SRAM to you to read and extract the BIN for me or the whole board if needed. I see there's an XDF someone has kindly made up I'm hoping to use for it.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Got one now. Flashtool can read it fine, it wont be detected as a Kalmaker device (its not easily possible with how the flashtool works to ID either as the bin has no identifiers) but when you get the popup asking for custom memory mapping use the following settings to allow read and write...
SP2 Read.png
SP2 Read.png (36.49 KiB) Viewed 4989 times

To setup the flashtool in the user preferences select the vehicle type (OSE 12P '808 for VN and VP or VR in Vehicle for VR and VS manuals), the interface type and lastly untick "Validate File Before Writing" and it will allow bin writing.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Good work! But I'm not getting that far as for asking for memory mapping. The car will run off the real time board.
When ecu is powered up the tx led is on (red) when trying to connect the rx led blinks.

Maybe my settings are need altering, should I post a screen shot of the log and settings?