Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
trikky73
cars: VS V6 Sedan

Re: Vlad's VP executive (Now VR)

Post by trikky73 »

I used sikaflex on mine about 4 years ago and it is still solid as
I drilled 4 small holes right on the seam under the top of the wheel and got a couple of syringes put some of the sikaflex in them and injected it into the wheel - use a colour as close to the colour of your wheel and it will be barely visable
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

So I got 2 things today.

New battery, a good old Delkor battery :shh:

I have had things happen to the Delkor in my VP that will stuff any normal battery, not once but a few times, had it 6 years and still as good as the day I bought it, and its got 187,000km on it too. :lol:

Unkillable! so I got one for the VR.

The other is my GQ 4X arrived, anyone willing to give me a rundown on what I need to do to reprogram my NVRAM?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

after you install the software and drivers it is almost self explanatory very user friendly.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

ok, got it all going, selected the device and can read all of it.

So what bin do I use to reprogram it with 12P? are there offsets that I need to set? 8000?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The included 12p stacked bin with 0 offset. Then write your cal once its back in the ecu. Or stack 4 v6 bins using tunerpro before burning.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VL400 wrote:The included 12p stacked bin with 0 offset. Then write your cal once its back in the ecu. Or stack 4 v6 bins using tunerpro before burning.

was just about to do that. opened the stacked bin and the content was almost the same as what I read off the device, same offsets so here it goes.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Seems to have worked, verified it twice and all good!

will give it a go tomorrow and see if that's fixed the corrupt bank A
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Ok, so the reprogramming was a success!

was looking at the dash in TP and playing with the injector flow parameter plus watching SFT and o2 cross over while holding it in closed loop.

increased the injector flow from 0.01299 all the way to 0.0155 before I saw any cross counts with SFT maxed at 20. this was consistent in a number of areas of the map.

so running pacemakers straight out makes very significant increase in VE by the looks of it. The ideal injector parameters for these are 0.0136 so that shows how much the VE is out now that the exhaust is different.

I also had a mishap that was very lucky my brother came up the driveway at the same time I was driving now it. Right when we stopped to avoid a head on, I saw a splash of water up front. I thought I ran over a puddle on the driveway. My brother was beeping at me as I was reversing back up the drive, soon told me I was leaking coolant.

damn radiator hose blew clean off the lower radiator outlet, I thought how was this possible, I have rechecked the tightness of clamp several times.

I noticed then what had caused it, stupid radiator has virtually no barbs on the outlet! I must of over looked this when I bought it. There is no way the hose can hold on other than the force of the clamp.

imagine what would of happen if my brother didn't come home,I would of not noticed and would of cooked the engine for sure! POS china crap! its like the only one of very few aftermarket parts on the car and it fails. And this was after spending days trying to source a genuine calisonic radiator only to find they were NLA.

Going to have to grab another brand of radiator and check it over with a fine tooth comb and an electron microscope, might as well x ray it too.

going to find my receipt and give the place I bought it from a piece of my mind for selling, no recommending! actually a potentially catastrophic part.
Last edited by vlad01 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

the gq 4x is real simple to use.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

its sure is!