Holden202T

Re: another Alfa Romeo conversion

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats note real cool!
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

I just ordered a SLC EvK from 14point7 - for $140 delivered, I think it's got to be about the best value WB kit on the market (providing it works as claimed).
The I2C interface is cool (in a geeky kind of way) - initially I was thinking of throwing together a pic+lcd circuit as a WB display but seeing as my AP logger can already show (and log) the AFR from the ALDL packet, there's really no point in having a seperate display so will probably just stick with the linear output.

I'll post pics and a review of the kit when it turns up.

My 4 year old daughter came down to the shed with me yesterday afternoon and got a surprise when she saw the GTV parked just inside the door. "Did you fix it?" she asked, then "can i have a drive?"
How could I say no? :mrgreen:
So she sat on my lap and sedately headed up the drive with her steering (she can't reach the pedals though).
Then we turned around to head back, and I asked her if she wanted to go back a bit quicker. YES PLEASE DADDY!!!
A quick mash of the loud pedal, and she performed her first ever donut - perfectly executed too - then she piloted us safely back to the shed, giggling the whole way.
I was so proud ;)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hehehe rev head in the making!! nice work!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LMAO, thats really well trained for a 4 year old!

Nice work with the 14 point 7 too, The1 has one of them & from his reports it's really cool & yeah nicely priced!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
festy

Post by festy »

I've just been looking at some logs from the other day, and noticed I've got about 80 IAC steps at idle.
Then when the revs increase the IAC opens a little more, but then when the throttle closes the IAC jumps up to around 115 steps, and takes about 10 seconds to return to 80 - so instead of the engine returning to idle when the throttle closes, the revs slowly drop instead.

My initial IAC steps is set to 50, Maximum base parameter - Neutral is 100, and reset RPM threshold is 2000.
It looks like every time the throttle closes after reaching the reset threshold, the IAC jumps to the max base plus some, and then slowly comes back down.
Should the IAC be moving at all when the throttle is opened?
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

might have to lower throttle crack offset vs rpm(iac steps) or transient iac parameters throttle crack decay rate.also adds extra steps on decel from map value map limiter map threshold vs rpm.try and aim for around 20 to 30 steps idle hot in neutral or park.
Last edited by blownvp on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
festy

Post by festy »

So screw the throttle stop in until it's idling with 20-30 steps? Currently it's backed right out.

What does the throttle crack offset do?
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

yes.you need to open the throttle blade .ill just go and check on my car to make sure that is right give us 15 min and ill be back.ill probably edit the post as i think big night.lol.
Last edited by blownvp on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
festy

Post by festy »

Assuming 0 steps is closed, the fact that I need 80 steps to idle would indicate no air leak wouldn't it?
blownvp

Post by blownvp »

update. doesnt add extra steps on accel only on decel from throttle positon with rpm and map sensor.im using kalmaker sp3 set it up 8 or 9 years ago but i can match parameters to 12p.
Last edited by blownvp on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.