What to monitor/ adjust in RT?

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
delcowizzid

Re: What to monitor/ adjust in RT?

Post by delcowizzid »

ecotec TB turns backwards compared to vn so the tps reads backwards if you fit it to a vn TB if its a whole vs TB and tps its fine but mix and match and they read 5 at idle and 0 full throttle ive come accross it a few times when people havnt realised
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Same happens with the camira TPS sensor on a VN TB, I did that one myself back in the early days mixing and matching parts.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

like i said before, the grey wire should always read 5v ... that should never change, its the voltage going baqck to the computer that should change as tps changes ... but like i said, get a resistance test of the tps sensor that should help narrow it down.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Had a crap night tonight. Logged the car at idle and a few revs to share with you guys then all of a sudden the car throws a CEL 22 again and goes dead. A/C fan on and CEL and a no start condition ensued.

No matter what I couldn't load bin to or from the emulator.

The owner will be doing further tests on the TPS but that won't happen until I get the car mobile again if it is in fact tune related. Car is parked up outside a factoy in a less than desirable area. Need a resoloution to get the car running again to get it home.
Attachments
log tps.xdl
(147.05 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

MAT sensor broken says 0 volts is useing default mat temp by the looks .if the wideband is reading right its way lean battery volts low too
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

just looked at your tune turn VE learn OFF and lean cruise OFF put a stock spark map back in or just flash in the stock blcf file again and start over .but first you need to fix all the broken things battery volts MAT sensor etc.work out injector constant with holden202's spreadsheet and set it exactly as the spreadsheet says to.fire it up add some idle rpm so it starts and runs add idle spark advance to make it idle a little nicer then adjust VE table untill it idles at 12-13:1 fuel ratio adjust idle spark again watch IAC counts as you adjust the advance if IAC is dropping add more timing and see if the iac closes further if it is it needed the timing .once its idling nice and smooth take the idle spark values and put them in the same rpm and map regions on the main spark table.now the easiest way to get all the cruise fueling and spark good enough to drive nice is turn off closed loop all together turn blms etc up to max temp and closed loop temp.run the car in park raise rpm into each ve cell and manually drag the colomns point on the graph untill the engine sings you will need to lift off the gas to keep in the same rpm cell while changing the ve as it wakes up more and more raise rpm again to as close to the rpm in the next cell and do the same watch the wideband as well and see what ratio its wanting somewhere round 13.5-14.7 will be the sweet spot but just go by ear .you can do the same with the main timing table once you have ve done as much as you can without loading the car driving.up timing while holding solid revs in each cell and it will sing more.now you should see a trend in the spark map and be able to sort of quesstimate a few mods to the higher map colomns that you cant hit on the spot 70 80 90 100 required spark will go down as you get higher in the map so 100kpa should have less spark than 90kpa.now you can either lift the car on stands like holden202 does and use the brakes to do some higher load tweaks to ve it saves lots of road miles trying to tweak do it just the same way load the brakes and get the revs into cell and tweak away give the brakes regular cooldowns :mrgreen: by now the car should rev nice with minimal throttle in neutral and be responsive.by now you need to get on the road and tune the 80-100kpa areas of the VE table turn on closed loop again now that the ve table is close and let the o2 sensor sort out small variances in tuning at cruise and start doing short poweruns while watching wideband or logging and pulling over to tweak aim for commanded fuel ratio in the tune in the Map A: A/F Ratio - 20-100kPa Air Fuel ratio vs RPM and MAP your wideband should match that table or close to it tweak ve untill it does.man epic post thats enough for now LOL
krusty

Post by krusty »

Last night I didn't have the wideband hooked up as it was planned to simply be a brief TPS/ MAP sensor trouble shooting session. Really wanted to just log TPS volts/ % and call it a night but it went from successful logging while sitting in the car at idle to a no start, CEL a/c fan on constantly situation.

No biggy, been there before right? The gauge screen would not show "hardware detected" in the bottom left of the screen even though it was showing the green "emulating" tag along with the blue "DA connected" one. Basically lost my link to the pcm even though there was still USB power to the USB comms board as the blue led was present. The red "TX DATA" led was flashing intermittently on the comms board I noticed after the issue arose. Whether that was there before, I don't know as there wasn't a need to look at that stage.

Just seems a bit suspect that firstly there was a TPS/ MAP issue and suddenly this inability to link or upload/ bin to/ from emulator. I'm thinking the issue may lay in the RT board if that's at all possible? I have tried the RT board/ DS1245y prior to everything going mental in 2 other stock pcms and of course my tuning one in order to chase the TPS fault initially and it was working fine. To lose a clear link and then get all these MALFS (which were successfully cleared by disconnecting the car battery BTW) and then still have no clear hardware found or dash view shows me that the issue lies in my tuning hardware somewhere.

I tried known good tunes and still a no start situation.

Ideas or trouble shooting methods for the tuning pcm are where it's at for now I think
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

if you fit a memcal with a known good tune and it wont run you have some big issues somewhere.check engine light and fan constantly on would suggest corrupted NVram weather it be a power surge or badly installed write line wire under the ecu board is another story .
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

this is the reason i always used to carry a spare ecm with a backup tune that i knew would get me home!

had a similar issue in the gemini a few months back, started it, on the trailer, took it to tech inspector, back to mates workshop, off the trailer, back on the trailer, got it home, cranked it over, started for a second then died and same thing, hard cel and fans .....

had to re-burn my tune to get it to go.

next time it happens, get a read of the entire nvram and sent to VL400, might help determine what is happening to make them die!
krusty

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:if you fit a memcal with a known good tune and it wont run you have some big issues somewhere.check engine light and fan constantly on would suggest corrupted NVram weather it be a power surge or badly installed write line wire under the ecu board is another story .
Haven't had a chance to r& r the tuning ecu as yet but I think you blokes may be on the money. Maybe the USB comma board wire to p has come adrift and mow the DS1245Y is corrupt.

Will pull the tune on the memcal r/w tonight and do as you said 202.

It is the only thing in common between both ps I tried after the fault developed.