vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by vlad01 »

just to get spark spot on, mainly else where on the map where I can't really judge if I am making max torque or not.

Also would be nice to confirm when dialing in the power areas that I am indeed not getting any knock as the sensor is just telling me gibberish.

final power run would be a bonus, really would like to see what a stock engine actually does with standard bolt ons and tune. I'm guessing 150kw at the flywheel but thats just a guess.

And if I can do the actual dialing in when on the dyno I can learn and experience something I've always wanted to do.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah for sure dyno tuning the spark is definitely something you need to do at least once!

when I dyno tuned a v6 sprintcar for methanol, at 1600rpm it made max torque with 9 degrees more timing that stock! obviously a lot of the extra timing was allowed due to methanol and lowish comp (in methanol compression terms) but it shows how much has been removed there by holden to make the car nice and smooth to drive!

it also showed me that with the right timing map you can get way more drivability out of a motor not just all out power figures!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah agreed, I feel the car is slightly doughy in normal cruisey areas.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VT1GER
cars: Holden VT stroker, cammed, blown.

Post by VT1GER »

The1 wrote:didn't scotty leave chip control? heard bad stuff since, but its only hearsay. VT1GER you got wideband hooked up?
Slow reply sorry. No there's no wideband hooked up. Still having issues with the tune. Stalled on me twice just reversing up the driveway.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I'd say wideband would be one of the first things you want to get on there, pretty much flying blind without it!
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Holden202T wrote:I'd say wideband would be one of the first things you want to get on there, pretty much flying blind without it!
I agree, you need something to verify what's happening, otherwise you maybe clutch at straws.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VT1GER
cars: Holden VT stroker, cammed, blown.

Post by VT1GER »

Any suggestions on what wide band to run or where to get one that's decent.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I like the 14point7.com spartan it's good price and works well.
There's a couple threads around on wide bands sone good reading.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if your interested in Innovate brand they are available from kade motorsport, Victoria I think they are. I haven't had any issues with them but from what I've seen on here a few others have had with some products.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

14point7.com spartan is the bomb, soooo fast in its reponse, way better than all the others I have and have tried.
if your interested in Innovate brand they are available from kade motorsport, Victoria I think they are. I haven't had any issues with them but from what I've seen on here a few others have had with some products.
I have proven accuracy problems with the above (on the dyno), I have the LM2 and a guage in a car, they both have caused a lot of 'chasing ghosts', seem to be a bit hit and miss with quality, thats my opinion - not trying to start anything...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...