Time for a change - Ecotec Torana

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Time for a change - Ecotec Torana

Post by VL400 »

Looking forward to seeing this conversion! Should be a very different car to drive afterwards. :driving: :punk:
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Something doesn't add up there, 12 - 13 deg timing at WOT up to approx 5000 rpm?????
I'd say it would handle a lot more than that.

Dave.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

who knows how accurate the efilive definition is...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i have a WOT scannerpro log i think, i'll check it out when i get a chance and see what it says.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha dont even get me started on MAF tunes they suck timing goes all over the show.that will be the timing it is seeing . going to MAP will make it a weapon im sure every VS owner should roll back to VR map based tunes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok this is what i came up with from a log of my brothers car .... i didn't bother putting the rpms in but it starts at 2000 and goes to about 5700rpm ....
ecotec-timing-plot.jpg
ecotec-timing-plot.jpg (14.28 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
guess this proves the timing in the above plots must be right .....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Well i been getting stuck into some last minute stuff before the weekends mission .... put convoluted conduit on the wiring loom, ran it all through the motor to all the sensors .... put the leads on and the alternator and stuff that wasn't quite finished.
P1030261.jpg
P1030261.jpg (136.79 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
P1030262.jpg
P1030262.jpg (143.07 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
really no more i can do till its in the car.... except i have to make a bracket for the map sensor to mount onto the side of the plenum.

few things to note that might stand out to those who regularly look at ecotecs .... throttle body has been fliped 180 degrees, mainly to allow me to connect a kick down cable to it .... thats also what the bracket is on the top of the plenum....

drive belt is a custom length to suit no p/s pump or a/c pump .... also a few less idler pulleys in there .....

custom sump to suit rear mount pan ... also its steel and not alloy like a normal ecotec sump.

engine mounts are custom to suit my application and use holden v8 rubber mounts.

oh and on an asthetics note, i'm quite happy at the topgun leads are dark grey rather than the bright blue im used to, blends into the motors colours better :)

so i'd say the next update here will be once the weekends 'festivities' are underway! :punk:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i see one thing not on there the metal plug lead protectors that slide on the ends :mrgreen: oh and a T3/T4 :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Apples

Post by Apples »

I see a nice sump and mount set looking good. :thumbup:
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

delcowizzid wrote:i see one thing not on there the metal plug lead protectors that slide on the ends :mrgreen: oh and a T3/T4 :mrgreen:
i told ya before, if i do anything like that its gonna be a factory supercharged V6! :rant: