4l60e lockup and speed sensor

Wiring diagrams and questions
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

4l60e lockup and speed sensor

Post by sprattzvx »

hi all. not sure if this has been covered search didnt show much. i built a trans a while back, and finally got around to putting it in the vn, works great really happy with it. but i have no speedo or converter lockup, so a few questions:

if i use the original vx trans wiring plug, which wire is the converter lockup, and is it internally earthed ie can i just supply power to this wire via a switch to apply lockup? i left the lockup solinoid connected for this reason, all other shift sols are disconnected as the trans is full manual.

secondly, what is the best way to get the speedo working?

thanks as always ppl.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Re: 4l60e lockup and speed sensor

Post by sprattzvx »

ok shouldve done some more looking sorry. tcc is green/yellow, red. switched to earth. i hope to run this of a relay switched by the cruise control. to do this i need a speedo signal though. if i wire the speed sensor on the 4l60e to the s/s input on the wiring loom, will the 60e s/s put out a signal the vn dash speedp will work with as its sine wave signal im assuming the answer is no, but there surely must be a way.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The 808 can control a TCC (both VX and VN/VP are switching earth with fused power suplied on another wire). Does your gbox have two TCC solenoids or just the one now?

The speed sensor will need to be changed to a square wave input. There are a few ways to do this but all will need some small circuit added - there are off the shelf units though. Look for reluctor to hall or something along those lines.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

cheers vl400 the only noide i left plugged in was tcc, i believe there is pwm noide as well that is unplugged as afaik is just for progressive tc clutch control which the 808 cant control. im guessing the 808 needs a speed sensor input control tc lockup. so until i chase up the signal conveter circuit it looks like its switch only. really want the lockup to help keep heat down on the highway as its running the l67 stall which is 2600, and the stall speed is far more noticeable without the pcm interfering like in the vx you would hardly know it had a 2600 stall but it now flashes right up there making a lot of heat, i have 2 davies craig trans coolers running in series but the lockup would be good as well with the bonus ratio on top of the heat thing.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

i think a je camira/ n13 pulsar ignition module could be used for this. it would need power, and the vss to ref in, and one of the ref out pins should have a square wave on it for the pcm. vl400, can you confirm? i was always going to do it this way if i needed to do this.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah should be able to do that as a simple reluctor conversion. Only issue might be the camira ref out is 5v and not 12V. The ECU has a 12V pullup but I dont know the output circuit of the camira module and if that would damage it or not.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

Any way I could just use an ecotec/l67 PCM just with power and speed sensor signal and feed the square wave out put into the vn loom, or will the PCM refuse to put out a signal? Obviously itd be having a fit but it's only needed for the signal conversion.