OSE 12P V112

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
Holden202T

Re: OSE 12P

Post by Holden202T »

the vs works with swapped pcms i can tell you that for a fact. as far as i am aware the bcm and key need to be matched but the pcm can be whatever you get from the wreckers .....

also i believe its simply a matter of if the bcm is happy then it sends the "good to go" message to the pcm and off you go. the v6 conversions places sell bcm simulators and they must just send the commands needed to keep the pcm happy.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

And just to add, $12P includes both VR and VS anti-theft messages so can be used in either vehicle.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

The BCM PCM linking started with VT
VS only needs an ok to start from the BCM to go
once the BCM sees a valid remote code it will send the message

Rob
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

I just swapped a vr v8 auto ecm with a standard blcc bin i got off the net with vats enabled and engine started and ran fine , so there definitely not matched. :punk:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

OSE 12P V102 has been released. This now allows for binary write so hopefully from now on it will be a little easier to upgrade. To use V102 your still going to have to write it to the NVRAM using an EPROM programmer.

The flashtool has also been updated to V116 to support this version of 12P, you can get it here.
wake77
cars: HX

Post by wake77 »

have had a little problem with the $12p tune not sure if it is how i have it set up or if there is something wrong.
when i went to eastern creek in sydney i had to add a fair bit of fuel to the tune compared to what i had it at home which is at
Tamworth. i thought the ecu would compensate for the change in height above sea level. tamworth is about 389M above sea level
eastern creek is about 70M. when logging the baro at startup it read about 95kpa in tamworth and about 101 at eastern creek.
what i have noticed is that when the engine comes on to boost the baro resets to 104.4kpa and stays there. should this happen?
I'm wondering if the baro shouldn't be reset when running a 2 or 3 bar setup.
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Post by mag »

Interesting comments wake77, have noticed a similar occurrance with 2 bar setup of my $12P. am located 600m asl & baro reads 94 at ignition on but after startup & a few heavy accelerations upto 90kPa, its still a na engine, the baro reading dropped as low as 89 & then recovered to 92. altitude did not change & although changes in baro may have occurred due to new sample, why did it change at all if the altitude was effectively constant.

A follow on question, what parameter triggers a new baro reading from the MAP. Is it MAP > 80kPa. also, baro reading change sometimes coincides with engine load that drives AFR from 14.7 to 13/13. at other times heavy engine load drives AFR to 12/13 without affecting baro reading. assume AFR 12/13 is normal enrichment precess.

Have also been running new version of diy MAP & results mirror those obtained from GM version, so it appears to be a goer. That will teach me NOT to follow design suggestion by sensor manufacturer.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Is it safe to use tp5 with the new ose12 and do the new comm changes to the flashtool allow logging ?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

No logging, waiting for TP5 to allow plugins.

The XDF is for TP4 but its up to you if you want to convert it for use in TP5.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

Hi all,

Having a bit of trouble configuring flex table output . I used the flash tool to ,read cal , modified the xdf ( table a ( rpm vs bat voltage )) and saved , loaded everything up in tunerpro . Everything looks ok so far with ecm running and aldl data showing %DC for table A output (pin A4 ??) - I am not getting what I would expect . Only a very high freq /low mv range signal . :wtf:

Anyone like to do a step by step ?

thanks.