VS S3 V8 ECU, VT S1 V8 ECU

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
WraithGTO
cars: HSV GTO
VS Series 3 V8 Manual UTE
Jeep CJ10 AMC 360 V8 Manual
Suzuki 1100 Katana

VS S3 V8 ECU, VT S1 V8 ECU

Post by WraithGTO »

G'day
I have a VS Series 3 manual Ute, which i am thinking converting back to sequential injection from Pulse injection .
A previous owner converted it to older pulse style

I have a few VS S3 ECU's here, I also have 1 that came from a VT series 1 V8 Manual.
I have done some research on here , about the VT Ecu .It seems it can't be USED in a VS Series 3 . And the VS ECU can't be used in a VT. Something about fueling.
The VS ECU's I have here, Have the same service number as the VT ECU (16234531).

I am after some clarification please.

Is it just the memcal that is not interchangeable or the whole ECU not compatible ?

On converting back to sequential injection.
Is the ECU going to list a fault code, if no canister purge solenoid is fitted or faulty ?

The reason asking about the canister purge solenoid is. All the other parts i have to convert back to sequential injection are new ( Maf IAT, Distributor, etc) , The 2 canister purge valves I have are S/H . And I can't be sure if they are any good. I was thinking I could just stay with the standard vacuum line from throttle body too Charcoal canister. But if the ECU stores fault codes for it. I may have to bight the bullet and buy a new canister purge solenoid.

Cheers
Gareth

Re: VS S3 V8 ECU, VT S1 V8 ECU

Post by Gareth »

Hi, not sure about the PCM stuff, but I don't think you need to buy new soleniods - test what you have to see if they work first, if you know how something works, then you can test it, try this link http://www.samarins.com/glossary/purge-valve.html
Im sure you could turn off canister purge in the tune, I'd assume it would be a simple flag, then you could run a straight vac hose. As for the other stuff, im sure someone with experience will chime in soon :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
WraithGTO
cars: HSV GTO
VS Series 3 V8 Manual UTE
Jeep CJ10 AMC 360 V8 Manual
Suzuki 1100 Katana

Post by WraithGTO »

Hi
Cheers for the help and the link. it's greatly appreciated
I haven't installed all the sequential components yet. just in the process of changing the engine harness.
I am yet to get into the tuning side of things.,All I have on that side of things is a ALDL cable.

I still need to get the rest of the tuning hardware of The1.
And do more reading up on tuning

Cheers
monkies5L
cars: 97 vs roller cam 5L ute

Post by monkies5L »

hey dude howd you go on the conversion, im currently trying to work out putting a vt roller cam in my 97 vs ute, currently 7months searching for s3 loom with no prevail, couple wreckers have sold and posted the wrong looms and everything, been a nightmare
if you could hit me up on monkiesaxe@gmail.com, with any help tips etc i would muchly appreciate it
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I seen one on ebay lsat week and thought to myself gee they're hard to find. Sorry can't help though.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

The 531 PCMs are the same regardless of what model it is fitted to.

I maybe wrong but I doubt there is really any huge difference between a VS S3 and a VT S1 engine loom apart from the auto vs manual aspect. I have a VT S1 engine and am about to buy a loom for it so I can go back to sequential injection in preparation for LPG injection. If I were you I'd just get a VT S1 engine loom, if it doesn't work put it on ebay or sell it here.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Biggest difference is the body connection locations and pin outs. I have delt with both looms seperately but never had them side by side.