ALDL Logger

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Holden202T

Re: ALDL Logger

Post by Holden202T »

found it

http://www.symtechlabs.com/catalog/ms-a ... -c-31.html

I just went to jaycar and got a $5 box to fit it to and viola!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Does anybody have any guidelines for EG Temps, what to expect etc?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I've done a bit of research on google to see what people look for, and theres varying results, unfortunately I haven't been back to the dyno since installing it, so I can't see how it relates to a dyno pull, however I feel the results will be very similar to my drag racing logs.

most seemed to say to keep it below 750-800 Deg C .... but mine barely gets to that by the end of the 1/4 .... BUT mine is only before the turbo inlet, not right on the side of the head, so im not sure how much that changes the results.

At the time of installing it, it was more because I can more than anything else, and I just wanted to see how it worked and get some data from it!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i think i have a homebrew solution on the go just pulled the front off my cheapy egt gauge time for a couple extra wires out the back pretty simple inside just a HA17358 8 pin chip now i just need to find out the volts out at full temp ciggy lighter got me upto 0.6v output might have to use the ovan in a minute see how close to 5V i get
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

lol good luck getting enough temp out of an oven !!! youd be better off with a blue flamed blowtorch
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ok got to 600c in the gas heater pilot light 2V out at 600c on the gauge.the gauge wires im pulling the signal from may be a bit too buffered for fast response but its a start
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

connected to logger woot now i just need the logger.adx so i can hook it into tp and get a sweep logged
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol your a classic delcowizzid :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

VL400 must of forgotten the logger v2 adx in the download package LOL
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Ah so I did! Attached here....
LoggerV2.adx
(16.28 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Your sensor output is fairly similar to holden202t's setup. His is 0-1250deg, so 2V would be 500deg.