ALDL Logger

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Lakeffect
cars: 1993 Caprice Wagon, 4 heavily modded TPI'd SBC 400. Prominator chip set on 7730 ECm using $8d mask, and Tunerpro RT 5 for programming

Re: ALDL Logger

Post by Lakeffect »

A simple question or two. I am currently using a 7730ECm with an $8D mask which is OBD1. I did not if this is specifically compatible with an older OBD1 system or strictly OBD2.

Where are are ordered from, and at what price. I was looking at at the Tunerview 2 From Moates, but this seems to be more in line with what I'm really after.

Feel free to post answers here, or email me direct as well at : lakeffect@gmail.com
Dave Buchholz
Rochester NY
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Will send you an email, it should work but will get some more info from you to be sure. I think postage might be a killer from Australia though :thumbdown:
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

By all indications it should work better than the Tuner View II.

I may end up buying one, because I'm having a hard time learning C++ to make my own.

I'll likely still build one of my own later. :)
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Lakeffect
cars: 1993 Caprice Wagon, 4 heavily modded TPI'd SBC 400. Prominator chip set on 7730 ECm using $8d mask, and Tunerpro RT 5 for programming

Post by Lakeffect »

Being a new member, I had not caught on to the point that product mentioned was half way around the world. I will simply use the Tunerview, even though it's abilities are limited. I have noticed it will not display all the items in the data stream. Unless someone knows otherwise, it seems BLM's and cell numbers are not displayed. If any one has hacked its code to improve it's viewable items, I'd be interested in that update.

I am told I can still "daisy chain" through the Tunerview to the laptop, which ultimately is were my tuning will be done from anyway.

Dave Buchholz
Rochester NY USA
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

No probs mate, would be a fair way - although half the logger parts actually came from the US :lol:

For others reading along, the logger does do passthrough logging/tuning now too (so it can be your USB ALDL interface). Can easily log the extra analog and digital inputs between normal logging frames - multiple widebands on any PCM is no problem :thumbup:
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Nice to hear about pass thru!

Just gets better & better!

Nice work!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Just had a look a t another member's logger, VERY Tidy & love your work!
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

Lakeffect wrote:Being a new member, I had not caught on to the point that product mentioned was half way around the world. I will simply use the Tunerview, even though it's abilities are limited. I have noticed it will not display all the items in the data stream. Unless someone knows otherwise, it seems BLM's and cell numbers are not displayed. If any one has hacked its code to improve it's viewable items, I'd be interested in that update.

I am told I can still "daisy chain" through the Tunerview to the laptop, which ultimately is were my tuning will be done from anyway.

Dave Buchholz
Rochester NY USA
I tried to get into the code and change it, but it's not as simple as opening the code in another format and hand editing, the program becomes corrupt then, and won't re-compile, change whatever was changed back to the original setting, and it's fine. I have my suspicions as to why, but I'm not a programmer (yet), so I can't say for sure. So either I will eventually sell mine, or use it for parts for the LCD display to use in other projects, like with an Arduino, once I learn C++...

For now, I think I'm going to pick up one of these ALDL loggers. :D I really can't afford it right now, but I want something better than I have currently.

Back to the topic....

Is there any video of the current generation of this unit?

I see a picture of the "large digits" display (which looks much better than original LCD display), but I'm interested in what the screen(s) look like for multiple display items.

BTW VL400, I'm in the process of sending you another PM.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'm about to go and start my gemini to move it, i'll put the logger on and get a video of some of the functions for you and post it on youtube ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qfxeYnxCp8

just a quick video with some menu usage and stuff to show what it can do .... also note the TAF = target AFR's and is for methanol, and the WAF having the F on the other side of the screen has also been fixed in a firmware update as of a few days ago, i just haven't got it off VL400 yet.