160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
felsy
cars: v8 patrol

Re: ALDL Logger

Post by felsy »

very nice.
put me down for one when they are avaliable :thumbup:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Just had a look a t another member's logger, VERY Tidy & love your work!
Thanks mate :)

Holden202 wrote:ok here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qfxeYnxCp8
Thanks for the vid holden202 :thumbup: The gem was idling pretty well considering the temp of air and coolant!

Just to explain a couple of screens in the vid, when in live view you can have 16 items displayed (everything is logged but you can choose the ones to display). Being a small message 6 frame that holden202 was using the second page at 1:03 in the vid is all shown as '----' while all the big digits say undefined. If the message is larger can define another 8 items to fill that page. At 1:07 there is a page of 8 flag items you can also define and at 1:08 is a page showing the 4 analog and 2 digital aux inputs (these can also be part of the main live display and big digits using a calc to display say AFR if one analog was a wideband).

felsy wrote:very nice.
put me down for one when they are avaliable :thumbup:
Will do, they are still sort of beta to iron out a few firmware bugs and add the features I'd like to see to begine with. But getting close now.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

just for shits and giggles i connected the MTX-L wideband analog output that normally goes into the 808 input i also piggy backed the logger auxilary input onto it so we could log them both and see if there was any lag or anything like that between the two.

heres a quick log i did of it, so you can see in the bottom monitor the green is 808 WB trace and orange is logger aux input WB trace.
aux wideband v 808 wideband.jpg
aux wideband v 808 wideband.jpg (166.31 KiB) Viewed 5136 times
so this tells me, if you wanted to use the logger and connect your wideband to it for logging without any connection to the ecm/pcm it would mean you will get a reliable signal that you know is in sync with the ecm data.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Thanks for testing that holden202 :thumbup:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

also to add to this for others, VL400 and i have been playing with the ADX a bit more, VL400 added a delta AFR trace, which is basically one wideband minus the other wideband to give a difference reading.

at some points we are seeing a .5 AFR difference between the two, which seems to show that the auxilary input with its quicker refresh rate is picking up a change in AFR (say from a jab of the throttle) and logging for example 5 readings for the 808's 3 or 4 readings, so it is seeing more of the AFR sweep from one point to the other than the 808 input is picking up.

i guess at the end of the day for what most of us are doing with tuning with the wb 808 input its perfectly fine, but it does illustrate the difference a little bit more speed in the logger which may come in handy if someone wanted to tune AE settings etc and does show that the logger using an auxilary input is in fact a better option than a ecm/pcm input!

i dare say most models of delco WB inputs will have similar results, so for those of you wondering about getting a logger and connecting a wideband (or anything for that matter) to its auxilary inputs then rip into it cause its all good :)

ps. i'm not trying to talk it up just a happy customer whose had a logger V1 and now V2 trying to show others whats available now for this gear!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

also, just updated the previous post screen grab to include the blue delta AFR trace for ye all.

look at its scale on the left to see how much difference there is between the two WB inputs.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Hmmm that looks good. Quite a small amount of variance :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I hope this is the right place to post this, so here goes.
I'm trying to install the software for the ALDL logger & when I install the stuff for the "USB Virtual Com Port" it doesn't appear to install correctly. I've used the exe from VL400, but it's not going right.
This is the 1st screen.
Logger 2 (600 x 339).jpg
Logger 2 (600 x 339).jpg (72.65 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
Followed by this.
Logger 1 (600 x 339).jpg
Logger 1 (600 x 339).jpg (71.72 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
I've tried it with the laptop with Vista, as well as the pc with XP but I get met with the same the same screen & no com port.
What am I doing wrong?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
VL400

Post by VL400 »

What that exe is doing is adding a small file Windows will use. When you next plug the logger in via usb it should now show up as a virtual port, it won't show anything until its plugged in. When looking in the device manager screen ( the one in the instructions showing where to find the port number) are you seeing any exclamation marks to indicate a driver did not load correctly? You may need to manually update the driver and be connected.to the net.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I had the laptop connected to the net & the logger, then update driver & then got this page in the device manager.
Logger 3 (600 x 375).jpg
Logger 3 (600 x 375).jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---